Algebra is a great subject, however, initially many students struggle with the concept. Perhaps because, it's their first attempt at abstract math. A great grounding in Algebra means having confidence in pre-algebra. Here are a few resources to support you:
- Understand integers and using the properties of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing them with this cheat sheet.
- Know the associative property like the back of your hand.
- Make sure the order of operations is your best friend.
- Get a handle on expressions.
- Have a peek at the basics of algebra.
Finally, work through a few of these pre-algebra worksheets to ensure the confidence in place to begin algebra.