The projected path of a kicked football is represented by the following function:
ƒ(t) = -t2 + 5t
Where ƒ(t) is the height (in yards) of the football after t seconds.
Use the function to complete the following exercises.
1. Find any zeros of the function.
2. Find the y-intercept of the function.
3. Find the line of symmetry of the function.
4. Find the vertex of the function.
5. Sketch the graph of this function. Label the zeros, line of symmetry, vertex, and y-intercept.
6. How much time does the ball spend in the air?
7. What is the peak of the ball's path?