The Wallisville Shore High School Orchestra is recording a song. To ensure that the ensemble sounds its best, the audio technician measures the volume of the music over the course of the song. The following function depicts the relationship between the volume and time of the song.
V = -1.875t2 + 30t, where V is the volume in decibels and t is time in minutes.
Use the function to complete the following exercises.
1. Find any zeros of the function.
2. Find the y-intercept of the function.
3. Find the line of symmetry of the function.
4. Find the vertex of the function.
5. Sketch the graph of this function. Label the zeros, line of symmetry, vertex, and y-intercept.
6. How long does the orchestra perform the song?
7. What is the peak volume (as measured in decibels) of the song?
8. How much time elapses when the song is at its peak volume?