The Bottom Line
- 3 Times The Memory of the TI -83 Plus Graphing Calculator
- Built In USB Port and Standard IO Port
- Great Pre-Loaded Apps.
- More Expensive
- Large Learning Curve for those new to Graphing Calculators
- Check with your institution, this calculator is often permitted in standardized tests.
- Connects with an adaptor to the View Screen panel or TI Presenter - lets every student share!
- Requires four 'AAA' batteries (not included) and one Lithium backup battery (included).
- Three times more memory than the TI-83 Plus.
- 2.5 times more speed than the TI-83 Plus.
- Do basic arithmetic, solve equations, construct geometric figures, perform transformations....
- Explore, use, graph and evaluate functions, transformations & inequalities. Simulate probabilities.
- Deal with and analyze statistical data.
- Note: The difference between the TI-84 Plus & the TI 84 Plus Silver is additional memory and speed.
Guide Review - Graphing Calculator: TI-84 Plus
Preloaded applications include: CBL/CBR, Conic Graphing, Inequality Graphing, LearningCheck, LogIn,, Probability Simulation, Science Tools, StudyCards , TImeSpan, Topics in Algebra 1 (Chapters 1-4), Topics in Algebra 1 (Chapter 5), Transformation Graphing. Financial and business math students will have Business functions including Time-Value-of-Money (TVM), cash flows, and amortization. Full screen interactive editor for solving TVM problems along with the ability to create spreadsheets.