Fourth Grade Math Word Problems
1. Your favorite Aunt is flying to your house for Christmas. She’s coming from San Francisco to Buffalo. It’s a 5 hour flight and she lives 3060 miles away from you. How fast does the plane go?
2. On the 12 days of Christmas, how many gifts did the ‘True Love’ receive? (Partridge in a Pear Tree, 2 Turtle Doves, 3 French Hens, 4 Calling Birds, 5 Golden Rings etc.) How can you show your work?
3. You and two friends are ready to share your Christmas fudge. Just before you cut the fudge, a 4th friend comes to join you. Show and explain what you will do.
4. Your Uncle gave you a gift certificate for $50.00. You are going to try to spend every penny! Your choices are: Movie Passes: $12.00, Arcade Passes $14.00, Recreation Passes: $22.00. What will you buy to come as close as possible to spending all of your $50.00?
5. At your Christmas skating party, you noticed 30 legs on the outdoor rink. How many people and dogs are on the outdoor rink? 4 dogs,