- Look at real numbers, functions and algebraic expressions.
- Understand linear equations, first degree inequalities, functions, quadratic equations and polynomial expressions.
- Manipulate Polynomials, Rational Expressions, and Exponential Expressions.
- Slope of a line and rate of change.
- Use and model the distributive properties.
- Logarithmic Functions and in some cases Matrices and matrix equations are also covered.
- Remainder Theorem, the Factor Theorem, the Rational Root Theorem *sometimes addressed in the 12th grade.
Functions and Relastions - or PreCalculus
- Investigate Sequences and Series.
- Understand properties and applications of trigonometric functions and their inverses.
- Applications of Conic Sections.
- Apply and demonstrate understanding while solving problems involving the sine law and the cosine law.
- Investigate relationships between the graphs and the equations of sinusoidal functions.
- Trigonometric and circular functions, identities and inverses, and their applications, the study of polar coordinates and complex numbers.
- Financial applications which include spreadsheets and the use Compound Interest and Annuities.
(Some curricula includes Finite Math which combines many of the outcomes listed in other courses listed her - will apply to 11th or 12 grades.)
Topics usually include: finance, sets, (permutations of n objects) combinatorics, probability, statistics, matrix algebra and linear equations.
- Income, budgeting, purchasing, banking, credit, investments, taxation, and small business operations.
- Compound and Simple interest applications.
- Probability and statistics for business applications.
- Collect, organize and analyze data.
- Amortization, loans and investment decisions.
(Sometimes this is offered in 11 or 12, this course tends to include early Calculus concepts.)
- Properties of functions
- Sequence and Series
- Trigonometric Functions and Equations
- Vectors, Polar Coordinates and Complex Numbers
- Conic Sections
(Offered sometimes in 11th grade, more often in the 12th grade.)
- Statistical analysis, summarize and intrepret data in meaningful ways.
- Probability, linear and non-linear regression .
- Hypothesis testing using Binomial, Normal, Student-t and Chi-square distributions.
- Use the fundamental counting principle, permutations and combinations.
- Use, interpret and apply normal and binomial probability distributions.
- Probability as relative frequency.
- Normal distribution patterns.
|Pre-K||Kdg.||Gr. 1||Gr. 2||Gr. 3||Gr. 4||Gr. 5|
|Gr. 6||Gr. 7||Gr. 8||Gr. 9||Gr. 10||Gr.11||Gr. 12|