- Read print numbers to 20 and locate, compare, order, represent, estimate, identify numbers to 1000 and mentally add and subtract numbers to 20
- Understand Place Value to be able to trade 10 one's for a ten etc.
- Count by 1's, 2's, 5's, 10's beyond 100.
- Locate numbers when requested to 1000
- Understand the reverse properties of whole numbers 5+7 is the same as 7+5
- [link ur=http://math.about.com/od/addingsubtracting/ss/2digmissn.htm]Add and subtract two digit numbers (no carrying/regrouping)
- Introduction to division using sharing as examples
- Count by skipping numbers when requested
- Add and subtract coins up to $1.00
- Compute word problems with addition and subtraction, (We have 20 children in swimming class, 8 are boys, how many are girls?)
- Use and understand more than, less than, the same as, heavier than, lighter than, taller than etc.
- Measure with a variety of cups, rulers and measuring spoons
- Time - hours, minutes and seconds
- Use the terms inches, feet, yards, centimeters, meters etc.
- Know the months of the year and tell time to the quarter hour
- Use a thermometer and count money to a dollar including being able to create different sets that equal a dollar
- Compare a variety of measurement tools
- Describe, identify, create and sort and build with shapes (squares, triangles, circles, rectangles etc.)
- Identify a variety of geometric shapes in everyday structures
- Compare and sort 2 and 3 dimensional shapes (3-D terms include sphere, prism cones etc.)
- Extend and make patterns with shapes
- Determine lines of symmetry, flips, slides, turns and transformations of shapes
- Describe locations on a grid - up four and over two etc.
- Identify, describe, reorganize and extend patterns with more than one attribute
- Give specific rules about patterns for numbers, shapes, pictures and objects
- Identify and describe patterns in the world around us (wallpaper, paint etc)
- Use graphs to record number of pets, hair colour temperature with 1 and 2 attributes
- Design or construct bar graphs and include pertinent information
- Interpret a variety of picture and bar graphs and give explanations
- Investigate what happens when coins are flipped and die are rolled
|Pre-K||Kdg.||Gr. 1||Gr. 2||Gr. 3||Gr. 4||Gr. 5|
|Gr. 6||Gr. 7||Gr. 8||Gr. 9||Gr. 10||Gr.11||Gr. 12|