- Read print numbers to 100 000 and locate, compare, order, represent, estimate and identify numbers to 100 000 using regular and expanded forms
- Full understanding of place value to the right and left of 0 - 4 places
- Count by 3's, 4's, 6's, 7's, 8's, 9's, and 10's, 11's and 12's to 144
- Multiplication facts are committed to memory up to the 12 X tables(Understand the division facts also)
- Understand decimals to the thousandths 0.013 and be able to add and subtract decimals.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of fractions and their related decimals to 100dths.
- Multiply and divide decimals
- Communicate mathematical thinking in problem solving - selecting the appropriate strategies
- Select the appropriate problem solving methods in word problems for the above operations
- Complete understanding of inches, feet, yards, miles, millimeters, centimeters, meters, kilometers and apply these terms to problem solving activities
- Measure accuratey, and make appropriate estimations of which units of measure apply.
- Construct or illustrate items using a variety of units of measure
- Estimate and round accurately
- Read and write dates using a variety of methods (Jan. 10, 2002, 02/10/02 etc.)
- Money amounts to $1000.00 in making change and in problem solving
- Investigate and solve measurement problems with circumference, perimeter, volume, capacity and area and explain the rules and apply the formulas
- Identify, sort, classify, construct, measure, and apply a variety of geometric shapes and figures and problems
- Full understanding of geometric properties and relationships
- Classify triangles by side properties and types (obtuse, isosceles) etc.
- Identify the 2-D nets that the solids are represented by and construct the nets
- Measure and construct a variety of triangle and angles with the protractor
- Explore and discover tiling patterns that cover a plane and tesselations
- Understand the coordinate system on both maps and grids
- Identify, create, analyze and extend patterns and describe the rules with more than one variable
- Determine the values in equations when there are missing terms in the four operations and provide the rules
- Determine the amount in missing values when given an equation that involve more than 1 operation
- Demonstrate equivalence in equations with the 4 operations
- Design surveys, collect the data and record it appropriate, be able to discuss the findings
- Construct a variety of graphs and label them appropriately and state the difference between selecting one graph over another
- Discuss the real world need for data and the collection of data
- Read, analyze and interpret data in a variety of graphs etc.
- Us tree diagrams to organize data, make decision on data gathered and sorted and record the results
- Conduct probability experiments and apply logical reasoning to the outcomes
- Predict probability based on background information
|Pre-K||Kdg.||Gr. 1||Gr. 2||Gr. 3||Gr. 4||Gr. 5|
|Gr. 6||Gr. 7||Gr. 8||Gr. 9||Gr. 10||Gr.11||Gr. 12|