- An understanding of consumer math, budgets, before and after tax wages, income statements, financial math.
- Understand and illustrate interrelationships of sets of numbers.
- Use the complex number system through the investigation of problems.
- Use appropriate mathematical language and symbols in all problem solving situations.
- Apply Pythagoras' Theorem, the primary trigonometric ratios, and their applications.
- Identify, construct and solve problems involving line segments, rays, lines, bisectors, medians, perpendicular line, perpendicular bisector, transversal, alternate interior angles, corresponding angles, same-side interior angles.
- Use trigonometric ratios to solve problems involving indirect measurement.
- Be able to use a compass, straight edge manipulatives, and technology to explore geometric constructions and their applications and be able to apply them to real life situations.
Geometry and Trigonometry
- Problem solve and understand common properties of triangles, special quadrilaterals, and n-gons.
- Inves multi-step problems using linear equations and investigate the properties of slope.
- Graph ordered pairs in the Cartesian coordinate plane, and graph real-world relations in the Cartesian coordinate plane.
- Identify the special properties of right triangles, including the sine, cosine, and tangent ratios, to solve problems involving more than one right triangle.
- Use Analytic Geometry to solve problems involving the intersection of two straight lines and verify geometric properties of triangles and quadrilaterals.
- Develop the primary trigonometric ratios, using the properties of similar triangles and solve trigonometric problems involving triangles.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide rational numbers and polynomials.
- Solve quadratic equations and problems involving quadratic functions.
- Understand, represent and analyze relationships, using tables, verbal rules, equations, and graphs.
- Be able to solve problems that involve variable quantities with expressions, equations, inequalities, and matrices.
- Identify, describe, implement, and analyze sampling procedures, and draw conclusions and inferences from collected data.
- Make informed inferences to real life/population data collections.
- A demonstrated ability to use logical reasoning, estimation and mental computations, to determine the validity of a solution in algebraic, geometrical, and statistical problems.
- Develop and analyze algorithms.
|Pre-K||Kdg.||Gr. 1||Gr. 2||Gr. 3||Gr. 4||Gr. 5|
|Gr. 6||Gr. 7||Gr. 8||Gr. 9||Gr. 10||Gr.11||Gr. 12|